Very few people are aware of structuring, ablation, drilling and cutting with ultra short pulsed lasers. The rise in the popularity of micro-processing, however, has focused more attention on these processes.
Structuring: Produces uniformly arranged geometries in surfaces with the goal of inducing specific changes to the surface’s technical properties. In such structures, one single element often measures only a few micrometers.
Laser ablation: Is usually used in the manufacturing of tools and molds as well as in electronics, sensor and semiconductor technology. The laser can also be used to trim resistors or mark parts by selectively removing thin layers of material.
Laser drilling: Over the years, several drilling processes have developed from the basic method:
- Single-shot and percussion drilling
- Helical drilling.
- Blood filter Blood filter
- coating removal hypotube coating removal hypotube
- micro cutting hypotube micro cutting hypotube
- 20 µm wide groove in coated hypotube 20 µm wide groove in coated hypotube
- drilling 13 µm holes in 0.3 mm plastic foil drilling 13 µm holes in 0.3 mm plastic foil
- flexible metal tube flexible metal tube
- high precision Cu- coating ablation high precision Cu- coating ablation
- 5 x 5 mm sqaure hole in glass 5 x 5 mm sqaure hole in glass
- micro cutting PEEK foil micro cutting PEEK foil
- micro cutting SS shim 0.02 mm micro cutting SS shim 0.02 mm
- laser marking on Zirkonia laser marking on Zirkonia
- marking + engraving on glass marking + engraving on glass
- micro mold needle ø0.3 mm micro mold needle ø0.3 mm
- laser cutting 130 µm hole in 0.3 mm needle laser cutting 130 µm hole in 0.3 mm needle
- Silicium Nitride ablation Silicium Nitride ablation